Happy Holidays from all of us here at California Veterinary Specialists!
Check out our Holiday Pet Safety videos below. Let’s make this holiday season a safe one!
General Pet Safety
Dr. Ogilvie goes over some pet safety tips to remember this holiday season. Video
Tinsel & Cats
Your cat may be attracted to the sparkly tinsel on the tree, but that curiosity can lead to the tinsel being swallowed. Dr. DeSandre, CVA, DACVS shares the importance of keeping tinsel away from cats this holiday season. Video
Trees are a great decoration for this time of year. Dr. Ackley goes over essential tips on tree safety for your lovable fur friends. Video
What do Holly Berries, Mistletoe and Poinsettias have in common? Dr. Sarah Hoggan breaks down holiday plants and discusses the level of danger they pose to your pet. Video
Often found in sugar-free gum, candy, baked goods, desserts, and toothpaste Xylitol, while safe for people, is extremely poisonous to pets. If you have a candy jar out, it may be best to put that up high or away so your pet cannot get to it. Stacy, RVT, discusses Xylitol dangers for your pets. Video
Eggnog and Alcohol- Not Pet-Friendly
Our holiday drinks are not for sharing with our fur friends. Dr. Sarah Hoggan goes over the dangers of alcoholic drinks. Video
The Gift of Chocolate
Do you give chocolate to any of your family or friends for the holidays? Dr. Amy Carr, DACVECC discusses how the gift of chocolate can be as deadly as a bomb to a dog owner.Video
We cannot say this enough. Please make sure all your chocolate is far away from your fur friends this holiday season. Dr. Sarah Hoggan explains the dangers of chocolate and the most dangerous type of chocolate. Video
Stacy, RVT, would like to remind you to make sure all your medications are locked away. If you have house guests over make sure they place their medications up high and out of reach. The most common drug in our household is the most toxic to our pet. It is very important to that any Ibuprofen and NSAID (Alieve/Naproxen) medications are out of reach because these are extremely toxic to our pets. Video